Monday, July 30, 2012

Metallic Polish- August Maven box from Julep

So this is my second Julep box and I am LOVING it!! Yes, it is a bit expensive compared to other monthly subscription boxes, but you get to pick what you like and they aren't sample sizes. The polishes themselves could be a bit larger, but the consistency is great and you don't need so many layers of polish to get great coverage. SO...as far as the title of the blog... I just received my August Maven box which is metallic shades. These colors are amazing!! We got to add 3 add-ons for $4.99 each, and I got all three, wish I could have added more. This time they came in a cute lil pink box with an adorable tote bag that had my polishes ( I was hoping they'd throw in a lil extra but I was satisfied anyways). So I got the IT-Girl polishes which I like because they have three polishes instead of two.

From left to right we have Sienna ( a GORGEOUS gold metallic with shimmer), Harley (liquid silver chrome) and Melanie (pastel blue chrome). These colors were amazing. I was not dissapointed with a single one. I did use the Sienna already....and I LOVE this color. It is so pretty!! 
These were my add-ons. Like I stated above we could add these to our box for an additional $4.99  but cool thing is we actually got one add-on for FREE!! Aren't they awesome!! :) So from left to right we have Piper-from the Boho Glam collection (its a mint metallic chrome color) , Dakota-from American Beauty (rose gold metallic) and Stefani -also from the American Beauty ( dark gray with gold flecks). I SOO wish we could have added more add ons for the price. There are a few I regret not getting, but maybe they'll do a mystery box and I might get lucky!!
Over all, I think these colors are amazing!! I'm probably going to cancel another sample box to make sure I keep this one!! I'm really enjoying being a Maven :). Here's my mani for the day using Sienna and Piper. Enjoy and have a great day!!
*** If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Maven click here on JULEP. And you can try it out for 99 cents using the code PENNY and this link here. Hope you do!!

******SWATCHES******
Since I don't have one of those wheels to display colors, this will have to do in the mean time. Hope it helps!


 

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, and this post :) I also got the It Girl box, and some add-ons, but didn't get Dakota because I wasn't sure about it. I really appreciate you swatching it for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria,

    Have you decided which is your favorite Julep color for this month?

    Alex
    Julep Maven Team

    Check out the Julep blog here: http://blog.julep.com/

    ReplyDelete